From Maimoona Yasmeen Recipes
Mutton: 150 grams
Onions : 8
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
Salt : 2 teaspoons
Red chilli powder : 2 ½ teaspoons
Turmeric powder : ½ teaspoon
Cooking Oil : 2 tablespoons
Baby Fenugreek leaves : 2 bunches
Potatoes (big) : 2
Coriander : 1 bunch
Whole Green Chillies : 3 to 4
1. In a pressure cooker, add chopped onions, medium sized pieces of mutton, ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, oil and one and a half cups of water. Mix well and close the lid. Pressure cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Open the lid and while it is still watery, add baby fenugreek leaves. Close the lid and cook for ten minutes till the water gets dry. Keep stirring till the gravy leaves the oil.
3. Now add medium sized pieces of two big potatoes. Stir for 5 minutes and add 2 cups of water and close the lid.
4. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes on medium flame so that the potatoes get tender. To prevent burning, stir slightly in between without breaking the potatoes.
5. After ten to fifteen minutes, add chopped coriander and whole green chillies. Close the lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
Aloo methi gosht is ready.