From Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Medium sized mutton pieces with bones: 125 grams
Colocasia (Arvi/Arbi) : 250 grams
Onion : 1 chopped
Tomatoes: 2 chopped
Ginger Garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
Red Chili powder: 2 teaspoons
Salt: 2 teaspoons
Cooking oil: 2 tablespoons
Tamarind water (soak handful of tamarind in one cup of water and squeeze out the juice): 1 cup
Curry leaves: a handful
Chopped coriander: a handful
Whole green chilies: 2
1. In a pressure cooker, add mutton pieces, onion chopped, chopped tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, oil and ½ teacup of water.
2. Mix well and close the lid. Pressure cook on medium flame till 4 to 5 whistles.
3. Take out the lid and stir till the oil separates.
4. Add colocasia peeled and each cut vertically into two halves.
5. Add ½ teacup of water. Pressure cook on low flame for 2 whistles.
6. Add tamarind water , 3 teacups of plain water, curry leaves, chopped coriander and whole green chilies.
7. Cook on medium flame till the water comes to boil and then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes till the raw smell of tamarind disappears.
Arvi gosht ka khatta salan or colocasia mutton sour curry is ready.