From Maimoona Yasmeen Recipes
Ingredients: For 5 servings
Green Brinjals : 500 grams
Ginger garlic paste : 1 tablespoon
Red chilli powder : 2 teaspoons
Onions medium sized chopped : 2
Turmeric powder : ½ teaspoon
Salt : 1 ½ teaspoon
Bombil machhi (Bombay Duck Fish) : 12 to 15 medium size pieces
Coriander (chopped) : ½ bunch
Whole green chillies: 3
Cooking oil : 2 ½ tablespoons + 12 tablespoons
1. In a cooking saucepan, add 10 to 12 tablespoon oil, when the oil is hot, add pieces of Bombay duck fish or Bombil machhi. Fry on both sides till they turn brown. Take out and keep them aside.
2. Remove the excess oil from the pan and leave only two and a half tablespoons of oil in the pan. Add chopped onions. Stir till the onions turn brown.
3. Add ginger garlic paste. Stir well and add turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder. Add brinjals, each slit into four, if the brinjals are small, slit each one into two.
4. Saute for 5 minutes. Add one and a half cup of water and close the lid.
5. Cook on medium flame for ten minutes, till the brinjals get tender.
6. Add ½ cup of water and pieces of fried Bombay duck fish or bombil machhi. Add chopped coriander and three whole green chillies.
7. Close the lid and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
Baigan Bombil machhi or Brinjal and Bombay duck fish curry is ready.