From Maimoona Yasmeen Recipes
Dahi Wade is amongst the favourite dishes of Hyderabad during the month of Ramazan. It is the most preferred dish while breaking a fast and sold at various Hotels and Bandis around the city during this holy month.
Ingredients: For 6 -7 servings
Chickpea flour(besan) : 150 grams
Ginger Garlic paste: 1 teaspoon + 1/4th teaspoon
Turmeric powder : 1/4th teaspoon
Red Chilli powder : 1 ½ teaspoon
Salt: 1 teaspoon + 1 ½ teaspoon
Baking Soda: 2 pinches
Curd : 4 teacups
Cooking oil : for frying + 3 tablespoons
Cumin seeds: 1 ½ teaspoon
Whole dry red chillies: 5
Mustard seeds: 1 ½ teaspoon
Curry Leaves: Handful
Mint Leaves (chopped) : Handful
Coriander (chopped) Handful
- In an empty bowl, add chickpea flour or besan, one teaspoon ginger garlic paste, one teaspoon salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, baking soda and 2 cups of water. Mix well and keep it aside for about half an hour so that it forms a fine consistency without the formation of lumps.
- After half an hour, take a separate empty bowl, add blended or whipped curd, 4 cups of water, 1/4thteaspoon ginger garlic paste, one and a half teaspoon salt, mint leaves and chopped coriander. Mix well and keep it aside.
- In a frying pan, add oil for frying. Spread the batter (chickpea flour mix) in the form of bhajiyas or fritters with thin consistency using a flat tablespoon. Fry till golden brown on both sides.
- Immediately add these fried bhajiyas or fritters to curd mix while they are still very hot so that they get soaked well in the curd.
- After frying, take out the excess oil and leave only 3 tablespoons of oil into the frying pan. Add cumin seeds, whole dry red chillies and when they turn brown, add mustard seeds. Let them splutter. Switch off the flame and add curry leaves. Temper the dahi mix.
Hyderabadi Dahi Wade is ready.