From Maimoona Yasmeen Recipes
Lamb Brain : 2 whole
Onions (medium size) : 3 chopped
Oil : 2 tabespoons + for frying
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
Salt: ½ teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder: 1 ½ teaspoon
Coriander : 1 bunch chopped
- In a cooking saucepan, add lamb brains and 2 cups of water. Boil for 10 minutes and switch off the flame. Strain the water and keep it aside.
- In a frying pan, add oil for frying. When the oil is hot, chopped onions. Fry till they turn brown and crispy. Keep the fried onions aside.
- Remove the excess oil and leave only two tablespoons of oil in the frying pan. Add ginger garlic paste, stir till it turns brown.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder and half cup of water. Add the boiled brains and stir till the oil separates and water gets dry.
- Add fried, crispy onions and chopped coriander. Close the lid and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
Bheja Fry or Lamb Brain Fry is ready. Serve with phulkas or chapatti.