From MaimoonaYasmeen Recipes
Ingredients: For 4 to 5 servings
Mutton with bones : 125 grams
Ladys finger: 8 to 10 whole (each cut horizontally into two)
Onions: 2 chopped
Ginger Garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
Salt: 2 teaspoons
Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
Red chili powder: 1 ½ teaspoon
Cooking oil: 2 tablespoons
Tamarind water: 1 cup (soak handful f tamarind in one cup of water)
Curry leaves: a handful
Chopped coriander: a handful
Whole green chilies: 4
1. In a pressure cooker add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, mutton, oil and one cup of water.
2. Mix well and close the lid. Pressure cook for 4 whistles on medium flame.
3. Take out the lid and stir till the oil separates.
4. Add ladys finger each cut into two. Add half cup of water and close the lid.
5. Let it cook on medium flame for about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Take out the lid and add tamarind water and 3 cups of plain water, curry leaves, chopped coriander and whole green chilies.
7. Mix well and close the lid. Let it cook on medium flame for about 2 minutes and simmer for about 15 minutes till the raw smell of tamarind disappears.
Bhendi ka khatta is ready.