From Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Basmati Rice: 250 grams
Boneless chicken strips: 150 grams
Salt: 1/4th teaspoon+1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper powder: 1/4th teaspoon
Cornflour: 1 tablespoon
One egg white + 2 whole eggs
Cooking oil: 3 tablespoons+ 2 tablespoons
White spring onions: 2 tablespoons
Diced garlic : 1 ½ tablespoons
Beans(thinly chopped): 3 tablespoons
Carrots(thinly chopped small pieces): 2 ½ tablespoons
Chopped green spring onions: 1 cup
White pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
Vinegar: 1 tablespoon
Ajinomoto (chinese salt) : 1/4th teaspoon
1. Cook Basmati rice, spread it in a plate or a wide mouthed bowl and allow it to cool.
2. Meanwhile add 1/4th teaspoon salt, 1/4th teaspoon black pepper powder, one tablespoon cornflour and an egg white to the chicken strips. Mix well and keep this aside for about half an hour.
3. In a frying pan, add 3 tablespoons of oil. When the oil is hot, add the marinated chicken strips. Close the lid and cook on low flame for a minute. Cook on both sides in a similar manner and stir in between to prevent burning. Keep the semifried chicken strips aside.
4. Into the remaining oil in the frying pan, break and add 2 whole eggs. Spread the egg yolk and sprinkle some salt. Cook the eggs on both sides and then scramble them into pieces. Keep them aside.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to an another saucepan, when the oil is hot, add chopped white spring onions, diced garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
6. Add chopped beans, chopped carrots and chopped green spring onions.
7. Add rice and half teaspoon salt, white pepper powder, vinegar and sauté for about 2 minutes.
8. Add fried and scrambled eggs, fried chicken strips and ajinomoto. Mix well for 30 seconds.
Chicken Fried Rice is ready.