From Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
For Chicken Marination:
Chicken (boneless) : 250 grams
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Salt: 3/4th teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder: 1 teaspoon
Juice of one lemon
1. Make small pieces of boneless chicken removing the excess fat.
2. Wash and drain the water thoroughly.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder and juice of lemon.
4. Mix well and keep this aside for marination for about an hour.
For making spice powder:
Coriander seeds (sabith dhaniya): 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds (sabith zeera) : 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds (methi seeds) : 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds (rai) : 1 teaspoon
Caraway seeds (shahzeera) : 1 teaspoon
Cardamoms (elaichi) : 2 whole
Black cloves (lavang): 2 whole
Cinnamon (dalchini) : 2 small sticks
Fennel seeds (saunf) : 1 teaspoon
Carom seeds (ajwain) : 1/4th teaspoon
Whole dry red chillies: 10
1. In a frying pan, add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds or methi, mustard seeds, caraway seeds or shahzeera, cardamoms, black cloves, small sticks of cinnamon, fennel seeds or saunf, ajwain or carom seeds.
2. Roast till they turn light brown.
3. Switch off the flame and add 10 whole dry red chillies.
4. Grind all these into a fine powder and keep this aside.
Marinated chicken pieces
Cooking oil: 200 ml
Cumin seeds (sabith zeera) : 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds (rai): 1 teaspoon
Garlic cloves : 12 crushed
Curry leaves: a handful
Chopped mint leaves: a handful
Chopped coriander: a handful
Red chilli powder: 4 teaspoons
Salt: 2 teaspoons
Uice of two lemons
1. After chicken gets marinated for an hour, add oil to a pan.
2. When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, crushed garlic, washed and dried curry leave and add marinated chicken pieces.
3. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes till the chicken pieces turn light brown.
4. Add washed and dried chopped mint leaves, washed and dried chopped coriander.
5. Stir for 15 seconds and switch off the flame.
6. Add spice powder which we had kept aside, add red chilli powder, salt and mix well.
7. Allow it to cool and add juice of 2 lemons.
Chicken Pickle or Chicken Ka Achar is ready.
Take out in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.