Dahi Ki Kadhi with Besan ke Bhajiya from Maimoona Yasmeen Recipes
Preparation of Kadhi (Curd curry):
Curd – 3 cups
Gram Floor (Besan) – 2 Cups
Garlic Cloves – 10 to 12
Green Chillies – 7
Curry Leaves – a handful
Coriander – ½ bunch chopped
Cumin Powder (Zeera Powder) – 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder (Dhaniya Powder) – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoons
Water: 5 cups
In an empty bowl add curd, besan (gramflour), garlic cloves, salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, curry leaves, chopped coriander, green chillies and turmeric powder.
2. Mix all these and grind into a fine paste.
3. In a cooking sauce pan, sieve this paste of curd and besan.
4. Add water and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Keep stirring to prevent the formation of lumps.
For Bhajyas (Chickpea fritters):
Gramflour or Besan – 3 cups
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder – 1 ½ teaspoon
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – ¼ teaspoon
Cooking Soda – 2 pinches
Water – 2 cups
1. Into an empty bowl add gramflour, ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cooking soda and cups of water.
2. Mix well and keep this mixture aside for 15 minutes
3. When the oil is hot, lower the batter in the form of fritters using a flat spoon into the frying pan.
4. Fry on both sides till golden brown.
5. Add these Bhajyas or fritters to the cooked besan and curd paste or kadhi.
Cumin seeds or Zeera -1 teaspoon
2. Mustard seeds or Rai – 1 teaspoon
3. Whole dry red chillies – 6
4. Garlic cloves – 8
5. Curry leaves – a handful
6. Cooking Oil – 2 tablespoons
1. In a frying pan, add oil. When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, garlic cloves and dry red chillies.
2. Switch off the flame and then add curry leaves.
3. Temper the cooked curd with fritters and close the lid.
The delicious Dahi Ki Kadhi is ready to be served. Enjoy with dry Bhajiyas and Tala Hua Gosht (Fried Mutton)