From Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Milk : 1 litre
Sugar: 200 grams
Cardamom powder (elaichi powder) : ½ teaspoon
Agarwood (oodh) : 2 small pieces
Sliced and peeled cashews and almonds: a handful
Charoli (chirounji): a handful
1. Boil milk and keep aside.
2. In an another pan, add 1 ½ tea cups of water. Add sugar and boil for 5 minutes till sugar dissolves in the water thoroughly.
3. Sieve this thin sugar syrup into the boiled milk which we have kept aside.
4. Add cardamom or elaichi powder. Mix well and allow it to cool.
5. Place any waste aluminium lid on the stove on low flame.
6. Put two small pieces of agarwood on the hot lid.
7. When the smoke starts emerging from agarwood, put the mouth of a mud pot over the agarwood and switch off the flame.
8. After collecting the smoke in the pot, close its lid immediately to retain the smoke.
9. Remove the lid and add boiled milk with sugar syrup in the pot and immediately close the lid.
10. The smoke from agarwood creates an aroma in this milk juice.
11. Add soaked, peeled and sliced dry fruits like almonds and cashews and add soaked and peeled charoli or chironji. Keep the lid closed for about a minute.
Hyderabadi traditional Doodh ka sharbat or Milk Juice is ready.