From Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Mutton boneless: ½ kg
Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder: 1 teaspoon+60 grams
Turmeric Powder: ½ teaspoon
Spices(Garam Masala Powder): ½ teaspoon+1 teaspoon
Salt: 1 teaspoon+3 teaspoons
Lemons: 2 + 3
Cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon+ 1 ½ teaspoon
Coriander seeds: 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds: ½ teaspoon+1/2 teaspoon
Mustard seeds: ½ teaspoon+1 teaspoon
Black seeds (Kalaunji) : 1/4th teaspoon
Whole Dry Red Chillies: 5
Garlic cloves: 10
Curry Leaves: a handful
Cooking oil: 300 ml
1. Roast 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, ½ teaspoon fenugreek seeds, ½ teaspoon mustard seeds, 1/4th teaspoon black seeds or kalaunji. Grind them into a fine powder. Keep this aside.
2. Make small pieces of mutton. Wash and drain the water. Add juice of two lemons. Mix well and keep it in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
3. After 2 hours, add these mutton pieces into a pan. Add 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon spices or garam masala powder and 1 teaspoon salt.
4. Mix well and close the lid. Mutton will leave its water and there is no need to add water.
5. Cook on low flame for about half an hour till the mutton gets tender. After half an hour cook on high flame till the water dries up completely.
6. Add 300 ml of cooking oil to a pan. When the oil is hot, add 1 ½ teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, ½ teaspoon fenugreek seeds and 5 whole dry red chillies.
7. When they turn brown, add 10 cloves of garlic diced, handful of washed and dried curry leaves. Add cooked mutton pieces and fry till they turn light brown. Fry for about 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Switch off the flame and add 3 teaspoons salt, grinded powder of cumin, coriander, fenugreek, mustard and black seeds. Add 1 teaspoon spices or garam masala powder and 60 grams of red chilli powder.
9. Mix well and allow it to cool. Add juice of 3 lemons.
Gosht Ka Achar or Mutton Pickle is ready. Store in an airtight container.