From Maimoona Yasmeen’s recipes
Boneless Mutton big slices: 1 kg
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
Salt: 1 ½ teaspoons
Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder: 3 to 4 teaspoons (according to the preference)
Spices or garam masala powder: 1 teaspoon
1. Take slices of mutton and remove excess fat. Wash them thoroughly and drain the water completely, by leaving them in a sieve for about half an hour.
2. Cut each slice into a single, thick and long strip. Or you can make two strips from each mutton slice.
3. To the mutton strips, add ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and spices or garam masala powder.
4. Mix thoroughly for about 2 minutes.
5. Tie the mutton strips to a long cotton or plastic string or a rope.
6. Fix or tie the two ends of the string under the sun and fix the string indoors during night time to prevent it from getting moist.
7. Practice this for 2 to 3 days so that the mutton strips, dries and shrinks.
8. Remove the dried mutton strips from the string and cut into 2 inch long pieces.
9. Use the required amount while store the remaining dry kababs into an airtight container.
10. In a frying pan, add oil for frying and fry the dry kababs on both sides till they turn brown.
Hyderabadi Gosht ke Sukhe Kebab or Sundried Mutton Kababs are ready. Serve with any gravy curry.