From Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Jaggery (Gud): 350 grams
Dry coconut: 50 grams
Agarwood (oodh): 2 to 3 small pieces
Water: 1 litre
1. Soak jaggery or gud in water for about half an hour to soften it.
2. After half an hour dissolve the soft jaggery pieces to make a syrup.
3. Sieve the syrup to remove any particles.
4. Keep this aside.
5. Make small pieces of dry coconut and keep this aside.
6. Take a waste aluminium lid and place it on the stove on low flame.
7. Put small pieces of agarwood on the lid.
8. When the agarwood releases smoke, place the mouth of a mud pot on agarwood.
9. Keep it for 15 seconds to collect the smoke in the pot and immediately close the lid.
10. Add sieved jaggery syrup in the pot and close the lid.
11. Keep this for about a minute or two.
12. The smoke will create an aroma in the jaggery syrup.
13. Add dry coconut pieces to the jaggery juice in the pot.
Moharram special Gud ka Sharbat or Jaggery Juice is ready.