Hyderabadi Fried Mutton from Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Ingredients: For 3 to 4 servings
Mutton boneless (Small Pieces) : 250 grams
Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tablespoon
Red Chilli Powder: 2 teaspoons
Turmeric Powder: ½ teaspoon
Salt: ½ teaspoon
Cooking Oil: 2 tablespoons
Whole green chillie: 4 (slit vertically and de-seeded)
Water: 1 1/2 cups
1. In an empty bowl add mutton pieces, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix it thoroughly.
2. Leave this for marination for about 30 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes, add this marinated mutton into a pressure cooker and add water.
4. Mix well and pressure cook till the mutton gets tender, approximately for 4 to 5 whistles.
5. Pour this mixture into a frying pan and let it dry.
6. Add oil and saute till the mutton turns light brown.
7. Add slit and de-seeded green chillies. Saute for about 15 seconds. (You can add 1/2 teaspoon spices or garam masala powder and juice of half lemon for more spicy and sourness)
Tala Hua Gosht or Fried Mutton is ready to be served.