Green Hot Chilli Pepper Curry (Restaurant Style) from Maimoona Yasmeen Recipes.
Sesame seeds: 1 cup
Peanuts : 3/4th cup
Dry Coconut(sliced) : 1 cup
Cumin seeds : 1 tablespoon+ 2 teaspoons
Coriander seeds : 1 tablespoon
Black seeds(kalaunji) : 1/4th teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds(methi seeds) : 1/4th teaspoon
Onions(medium size)- 2 chopped
Whipped curd : 2 cups
Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
Salt: 2 teaspoons
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
Cooking oil : 1 tablespoon + 5 tablespoons
- Into a cooking sauce pan, roast sliced dry coconut, peanuts, sesame seeds, one tablespoon cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, black seeds or kalaunji and chopped onions separately.
- Peel the skin of peanuts and grind all the above roasted ingredients into a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Slit ten green hot chilli peppers or moti mirch vertically without de-seeding.
- Saute the green hot chilli peppers using one tablespoon of oil. Saute for 2 minutes to prevent de-seeding. Keep these sauted peppers aside.
- Add five tablespoons of cooking oil into the cooking pan. When the oil is hot, add 2 teaspoons cumin seeds. When they turn brown, add mustard seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add one tablespoon ginger garlic paste. Stir till it turns brown. Add the grinded paste of roasted coconuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, onions, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add whipped curd and close the lid. Cook on medium flame for approximately 15 minutes till the water gets dry and the gravy leaves the oil. Keep stirring in between while closing the lid as this paste has a tendency to splutter.
- Add ½ cup of water and sauted green peppers. These seeded green hot peppers will add spice to the curry.
- Add curry leaves, chopped coriander and juice of half lemon. Close the lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
Hyderabadi Mirchiyon Ka Salan(Restaurant Style) is ready.