From Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Ingredients: For 4 to 5 servings
Milk (Full fat): 2 litres+ ½ cup
Khoya: 50 grams
Sugar: 60 grams
Cardamom powder (Elaichi powder) : ½ teaspoon
Mace powder (Javantri powder) : 1/4th teaspoon
Keora essence: ½ teaspoon
Sliced Almonds: a handful
Sliced Pistachios: a handful
1. In a saucepan, add 1 cup of boiled milk. Let it dry and keep collecting the cream at the sides of the pan.
2. Again add one cup and similarly collect the cream at the sides of the pan.
3. Collect the cream through 2 litres of milk adding cup by cup each time.
4. During the addition of final cup of milk, soak khoya in ½ cup of milk, mix well and add this to the cream collected.
5. Add sugar, cardamom or elaichi powder and mace powder.
6. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Switch off the flame, allow it to cool and add keora essence.
8. Garnish with sliced almonds and pistachios.
Hyderabadi Rabdi is ready.