From Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Ingredients: For 4 servings
1. Vermicelli(crushed) : 200 grams
2. Pure Ghee : 3 tablespoons
3. Khoya ( a milk cheese, made either from milk powder or by reducing whole milk in an open skillet for long hours) : 100 grams
4. Milk : 250 ml
5. Sugar : 150 grams
6. Cardamom Powder : ½ teaspoon
7. Almonds, Cashews and Pistachios(sliced) : Handful each
1. Soak handful of almonds, cashews and pistachios overnight.
2. Next morning, peel the skin and slice them.
3. OR If you could not soak them overnight, boil them in water to ease the skin peeling and then slice them.
4. In a cooking saucepan, add clarified butter or pure ghee. Add vermicelli and stir till they turn brown.
5. Add khoya and milk.
6. If you want crispy sweet vermicelli, immediately add sugar. Otherwise cook vermicelli in milk for about 4 to 5 minutes and then add sugar.
7. Add cardamom powder and keep stirring till it gets dry or till the clarified butter seprates.
8. Cook for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Seviyon Ka Meetha is ready, garnish with sliced almonds, cashews and pistachios.