Instant Sheer Khorma from Maimoona Yasmeen Recipes
Full fat milk: 1 litre + ½ cup
Khoya : 50 grams
Clarified butter or pure ghee : 3 tablespoons
Vermicelli (crushed) : 35 grams or 3/4th cup
Sugar: 120 grams or 1 cup
Cardamom powder (elaichi powder) : 1/4th teaspoon
Dry fruits(sauted in clarified butter)
Soft dates (de-seeded) : 3 to 4
Few saffron sticks
- Bring to boil 1 litre milk.
- Mix khoya in half cup of milk to make a fine consistency.
- Add this khoya to boiled milk and mix thoroughly. You can also add condensed milk instead of khoya.
- In a separate pan, add clarified butter or pure ghee. When it turns hot, add crushed vermicelli.
- Saute till the vermicelli turn brown.
- Immediately add boiled milk with khoya.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes till the vermicelli gets tender.
- Add 1 cup or 120 grams of sugar and 1/4th teaspoon cardamom or elaichi powder.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes till the sugar gets dissolved in the milk thoroughly.
- Garnish with sauted dry fruits, soft dates and saffron sticks.
Instant Sheer khorma is ready for the guests.