From Maimoona Yasmeen Recipes
Ivy Gourd (Kanduri): 200 grams round slices
Oil: 3 tablespoons
Onion: 1 chopped
Ginger garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
Salt: ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/4th teaspoon
Red Chili Powder: 3/4th teaspoon
Chopped coriander: a handful
- In a cooking pan, add 3 tablesoons of oil. When the oil is hot, add round slices of ivy gourd or Kanduri.
- Semi fry till the slices turn light brown. Keep them aside.
- Remove the excess oil and leave only one tablespoon of oil in the pan.(you can use even lesser oil).
- Add chopped onion. Stir till the onions turn light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder and red chili powder.
- Stir well and add semi fried ivy gourd or Kanduri slices.
- Add chopped coriander and one fourth tea cup of water.
- Close the lid and simmer for a minute or two till the water dries up completely.
Ivy Gourd Curry or Kanduri ka Meetha Salan is ready.