From Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Minced mutton (kheema): 250 grams
Potato (big): 1whole
Green peas (matar): 50 grams
Baby fenugreek leaves (chhoti methi) : ½ tea cup
Cooking oil: 1 ½ tablespoon
Onion: 1 whole
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
Salt: 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder: 1 tablespoon
Chopped coriander: a handful
Whole green chillies: 2
1. Add oil to a cooking pan. When the oil is hot, add chopped onion. Stir till the onions turn light brown.
2. Add ginger garlic paste, stir for 15 seconds and add turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder and minced mutton.
3. Stir till the oil separates for about 5 to 10 minutes. Add baby fenugreek leaves and ½ cup of water. Close the lid and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Add green peas and 1/4th cup of water. Close the lid and cook on medium flame for about 2 minutes.
5. Add medium sized pieces of potato, chopped coriander, whole green chillies and sauté for 30 seconds.
6. Add ½ cup of water and close the lid.
7. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes till the potatoes get tender and the water dries up.
Kheema Aalu Matar or Minced Mutton Potato and Green Peas curry is ready.