Kheema – Minced Mutton Curry from Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Ingredients for 4 to 5 servings:
Minced Mutton (Kheema) – 250 grams
Fenugreek Leaves – 1 bunch
Onions (Medium Sized) – 2
Cooking Oil – 2 tablespoons
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder – 2 teaspoons
Coriander – ½ bunch
Whole Green Chillies – 4
1. In a pressure cooker, add oil and when the oil is hot, add sliced onions.
2. When the onions turn brown, add ginger garlic paste and saute for 15 seconds.
3. Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and Kheema or minced mutton.
4. Cook well till the oil separates.
5. Add one cup of water, stir well and close the lid.
6. Pressure cook for five to ten minutes.
7.Transfer this into a frying or a cooking pan. (optional)
8. Add fenugreek leaves while it is still watery and close the lid.
9. Cook for five minutes or till the water dries up.
10.Add chopped coriander, whole green chillies and close the lid. Simmer for five minutes.
Kheema is ready. Serve with Hyderabadi Khichri and Khatta or Chapatis in the breakfast.