From Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Green gram (moong dal): 150 grams
Ginger garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
Whole green chillies: 3 + 2
Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
Salt: 1 teaspoon
Chopped coriander: ½ tea cup
Cooking oil: 2 tablespoons
Onion: 1 whole
1. Roast green gram or moong dal till light brown.
2. Add roasted and washed green gram to the pressure cooker. Add 300 ml of water, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and 3 whole green chillies.
3. Pressure cook on medium flame for about 2 minutes and on low flame till 3 whistles. (Cook on low flame to prevent leakage of water)
4. When the lentils get tender, add salt.
5. Blend it or mash to get a fine paste.
6. Add 350 ml of water, mix well and add chopped coriander and 2 whole green chilies.
7. Close the lid and cook on medium flame for about 2 minutes and simmer for 3 minutes.
8. In an another pan, add oil and chopped onion.
9. When the onions turn brown, switch off the flame and add cooked lentils to the onions.
Meethi Dal or Sweet Lentils is ready.