From Maimoona Yasmeen Recipes
For making Koftas:
1. Mutton(boneless) : ½ Kg
2. Salt: 1 teaspoon
3. Red chilli powder: 2 teaspoons
4. Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
5. Ginger garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
6. Mint leaves : ½ bunch
7. Coriander: ½ bunch
8. Spices(Garam Masala Powder) : ½ teaspoon
9. Roasted Bengal Gram (Phule chane ki dal) : 1 tablespoon
10. Cooking oil: For frying
1. In an empty bowl, add mutton pieces, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, mint leaves, chopped coriander, spices or garam masala powder(grinded powder of cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and caraway seeds), grinded powder of roasted Bengal gram or phule chane ki daal.
2. Grind all these into a fine paste (do not use water while grinding).
3. Wet hands with water and mould into medium sized round balls or koftas.
4. In a frying pan, add oil for frying. When it is hot, lower these mutton balls or koftas into the oil. Fry till they turn brown. Take out and keep them aside.
For making gravy:
1. Dry coconut(sliced): 2 cups
2. Onions(medium sized) : 8
3. Cooking Oil: 5-6 tablespoons + 3 tablespoons
4. Red Chilli Powder: 3 teaspoons
5. Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tablespoon
6. Turmeric Powder: ½ teaspoon
7. Salt : 1 teaspoon
8. Curd(whipped) : 1 cup
9. Salt:1 teaspoon+1/2 teaspoon
10. Spices(garam masala powder) : ½ teaspoon
11. Mint Leaves(medium size): ½ bunch
12. Coriander: ½ bunch
13. Whole Green Chillies : 4
1. In a saucepan, roast sliced dry coconut, grind it into a fine powder.
2. Add 5 to 6 tablespoons of oil, add chopped onions, stir till the onions turn light brown.
3. Allow it to cool and grind these onions into a fine paste.
4. Add 3 tablespoon of oil (you can use the left over oil which we used for sauting the onions or add to the remaining oil), add ginger garlic paste. Saute for 15 seconds and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and grinded paste of sauted onions.
5. Saute for a minute and add grinded powder of roasted coconut, 1/2 teaspoon salt, whipped curd.
6. Stir well for 10 minutes and add 4 cups of water, 1 teaspoon salt, spices or garam masala powder, mint leaves, chopped coriander, whole green chillies, fried koftas and close the lid.
7. Simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes.
The Gravy Kofta Curry(Restaurant Style) is ready.