Hyderabadi Mutton Korma with potatoes from Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes.
Ingredients: For 6 to 8 servings.
Mutton: 200 grams
Sliced Dry Coconut: 1 Cup
Peanuts: 1 Cup
Charoli(Chironji): 1/2 Cup
Poppy Seeds: ½ Cup
Chopped Onions: 3
Ginger Garlic Pase: 1 ½ Talespoons
Turmeric Powder: 1 Teaspoon
Salt: 2 ½ Teaspoons
Red Chilli Powder: 3 Teaspoons
Curd: 2 Cups
Cooking Oil: 6 Tablespoons
Potatoes: 4 (peeled and cut into medium size pieces)
Mint Leaves: ½ Bunch
Chopped Coriander: ½ Bunch
Whole Green Chillies: 4 to 5
Spices(Garam Masala Powder): 1 Teaspoon
- In a frying pan, add sliced dry coconut and roast till golden brown, add peanuts and roast, add charoli or chironji and roast. Switch off the flame and add poppy seeds and roast.
- Put on the flame add, 1 tablespoon of oil and add 2 chopped onions. Sauté till golden brown. Grind roasted coconuts, peanuts, charoli, poppy seeds and sauted onions into a fine paste.
- In a pressure cooker, add 5 tablespoons of oil, add one chopped onion. Stir till it turns brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, one and a half teaspoon of salt, red chilli powder and then add paste of roasted coconut, peanuts, charoli, poppy seeds and sauted onions.
- Add 2 cups of whipped curd, 200 grams of mutton (medium size pieces).
- Close the lid and pressure cook on medium flame for 5 to 10 minutes approximately for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Take out the lid and cook till the water gets dry. Stir well till it leaves the oil.
- Add washed potato pieces. Cook for 5 minutes and keep stirring.
- Add 5 cups of water, one teaspoon of salt, one teaspoon of spices, mint leaves, chopped coriander, whole green chillies. Stir well and close the lid.
- Cook on mediun flame for 10 minutes till it comes to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
Mutton korma is ready. Serve with Hyderabadi Bagara Khana or serve with chapatis or naan ki roti.