Qubani Ka Meetha or Apricot Dessert from Maimoona Yasmeen Recipes
Ingredients for 4 to 5 servings :
Apricots(qubani) : 500 grams
Sugar: 600 grams
Vanilla Essence: 1/4th teaspoon
Raspberry colour: ½ teaspoon
- Wash apricots or qubani thoroughly and soak them in 1.25 litres of water overnight.
- Use this water for preparing this dessert and do not drain the water.
- Remove the seeds of apricots and keep the seeds aside.
- Add the apricots along with water to a cooking saucepan. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 600 grams of sugar and stir at times. Cook for 20 minutes till it forms a thick consistency. Allow it to cool.
- Break the seeds of apricot to get the fruit. Add 1 cup of water to these fruits and boil for 5 minutes.
- Peel the skin of these fruits and keep them aside.
- When the apricot dessert cools down, add 1/4th teaspoon vanilla essence and 1/2 teaspoon raspberry colour.
- Add peeled fruits.
- Garnish with milk cream.
Qubani Ka Meetha or Apricot Dessert is ready.