From Maimoona Yasmeen Recipes
Boneless mutton: 300 grams
Split Bengal gram (Chana Dal): 2 tablespoons
Tomatoes : 2 chopped
Garlic cloves: 12
Onion: 1 chopped
Red Chili powder: 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
Sat: 1 teaspoon+1/4th teaspoon
Spices (garam masala powder) : ½ teaspoon
Cubeb powder (kabab chini powder) : 1/4th teaspoon
Chopped coriander: handful
Mint leaves: handful
Whole green chilies: 2
Cooking oil: 2 tablespoons+ for semi frying
Black pepper powder: 1/4th teaspoon
Juice of half lemon
- In a pressure cooker, add mutton pieces. split bengal gram or chana dal, chopped tomatoes, garlic cloves, chopped onion, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, spices, cubeb powder or kabab chini powder, chopped coriander, mint leaves, whole green chilies, cooking oil and one and a half cup of water.
- Mix well and close the lid. Pressure cook for about 10 minutes on medium flame. Take out the lid and cook till the water dries and the oil separates.
- Leave this cooked mutton to cool down. Grind this cooked mutton into a fine paste( do not use water while grinding).
- Add 1/4th teaspoon salt, 1/4th teaspoon black pepper powder and juice of half lemon.
- Mix well and mold into diamond shaped shami kababs.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to a flat bottomed pan and when the oil is hot, add these shami kababs and shallow fry on both sides till they turn dark brown. Add more oil if required.
Shami Kababs are ready.