Sheer Khurma – Ramadan Eid Special Hyderabadi Sheer Khorma from Maimoona Yasmeen Recipes
Milk (full fat) : 2 litres
Sugar : 120 grams (1 teacup)
Vermicelli (crushed) : 35 grams or 3/4th teacup
Clarified butter (Pure Ghee) : 3 ½ tablespoons
Cashews : 20 grams or handful
Almonds : 20 grams or handful
Pistachios: 15 grams or handful
Dry dates : 5 whole
Charoli (chiraunji) : 15 grams or handful
- Soak cashews, almonds, pistachios, dry dates and charoli or chiraunji overnight.
- Next morning slice the cashews, peel the almonds and pistachios and slice, slice soaked dry dates into equal halves, peel the charoli and combine all these and keep them aside.
- Bring to boil 2 litres of full fat milk while stirring. Boil on medium flame for about 40 minutes till the milk gets reduced to 3/4th.
- In an another saucepan, add 3 tablespoons clarified butter or pure ghee. Add the sliced dry fruit and semi fry or stir till they turn brown. Keep this aside for garnishing. You can keep the excess of these dry fruits in the refrigerator for next use.
- In the remaining clarified butter or ghee, add ½ tablespoon more clarified butter or ghee.
- Add 3/4th teacup or 35 grams of crushed vermicelli. Stir till they turn light brown. Immediately add the milk which we have kept aside after boiling.
- Stir for about 5 minutes till the vermicelli get tender.
- Add 1 teacup or 120 grams of sugar. Stir and cook for 10 minutes till the sugar gets completely dissolved in the milk.
- Garnish with sliced and semi fried dry fruits and few saffron sticks.
Hyderabadi Sheer Khorma is ready.