Shikampur Kebab – Mutton Cutlet/Patties from Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes for 5-6 servings
Cooking the mutton:
Boneless Mutton (Medium Sized Pieces) – ½ Kg
Tomatoes – 2
Bengal Gram (Chana Dal) – ½ Cup
Onion – 1
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tablespoon
Red Chilli Powder – 2 Teaspoons
Turmeric Powder – ½ Teaspoon
Salt – 1 Teaspoon
Spices – ½ Teaspoon
Mint Leaves – ½ Bunch
Coriander – ½ Bunch
Cooking oil – 2 Tablespoons
1. In a pressure cooker add mutton, tomatoes, bengal gram, chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, mint leaves and chopped coriander, oil and two cups of water.
2. Close the lid and pressure cook for 15 min on medium flame.
3. Remove the lid, stir well till the mixture get s dry and leaves the oil.
4. Keep this mixture aside for cooling.
5. Grind this mixture into a fine paste and add ½ teaspoon of spices to this paste.
Onions – 2
Salt – ¼ Teaspoon
Lemon – ½
Chopped Coriander – 1 Tablespoon
Chopped Mint Leaves – 1 Tablespoon
Green Chilli – 1
1. Take an empty bowl, diced onions, salt, juice of lemon, chopped coriander, chopped mint leaves and thinly diced green chilli.
2. Mix well and keep this aside.
Molding Shikampur or Mutton Cutlets/patties:
- Dampen the fingers and palm with water and flatten the cutlets/patties/kebab filling each of them with ½ teaspoon of onion mix.
- 2. Make 12-14 shikampurs or mutton cutlets/patties/Kebab from this mutton paste and fillings.Frying:Ingredients:Shikampurs or Mutton Cutlets
Oil for semi frying
1. In a frying pan, add one tablespoon of cooking oil.
2. Spread the shikampurs on the frying pan and semifry on both sides till they turn brown. (Use oil as per convenience)
The delicious Shikampurs are ready to be served.