From Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Ingredients: For 4 to 5 servings
Tomatoes: ½ kg
Ginger garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
Salt: 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder: ½ teaspoon
Coriander powder: ½ teaspoon
Chopped coriander: a handful
Water: 300 ml
Cooking oil: 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
Whole dry red chillies: 4
Curry leaves: a handful
1. In a cooking pan, add chopped tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, chopped coriander and water.
2. Mix well and close the lid. Cook on medium flame for about 5 minutes.
3. When the tomatoes get tender, switch off the flame.
4. Allow it to cool and sieve to get tomato paste or juice. Keep this aside.
5. In an another pan, add oil. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and whole dry red chillies.
6. Saute for about 15 seconds and switch off the flame.
7. Add handful of curry leaves and sieved tomato paste.
Tamatar ka Chaar or Tempered Tomato Soup is ready.