From Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Ingredients: For 4 to 5 servings
Mutton (with bones) : 150 grams
Tomatoes: ½ kg
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
Red chilli powder: 1 ½ teaspoon
Salt: 2 teaspoons
Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
Cooking oil: 2 tablespoons
Chopped coriander: ½ tea cup
Whole green chillies: 4
1. In a pressure cooker, add medium size pieces of mutton with bones, chopped onion, ginger garlic paste red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder , one cup of water and oil.
2. Mix well and close the lid. Pressure cook on medium flame for about 3 to 4 whistles, till the mutton gets tender.
3. Take out the lid and sauté till the oil separates.
4. Add chopped tomatoes. Mix well and close the lid.
5. Cook on medium flame for about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in between to prevent burning.
6. When the tomatoes get tender, stir till the oil separates (stir for about 10 minutes). Add 300 ml of water, chopped coriander and whole green chillies.
7. Cook on medium flame for about 2 minutes and simmer for 3 minutes.
Tamatar Ka Shorba or Tomato Mutton Gravy curry is ready.