From Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Tomato(big) : 1
Chickpea Flour (besan) : 100 grams (1 ½ tea cups)
Ginger garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
Salt: ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/4th teaspoon
Red chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
Oil for frying
1. In an empty bowl, add chickpea flour or besan, ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and 1 cup of water or 120 ml of water.
2. Mix well and keep this batter aside for about half an hour.
3. After half an hour, make thick round slices (about 5 -6 mm) of a big tomato.
4. Add oil for frying and when the oil is hot, dip the tomato slices in the batter and coat them thoroughly.
5. Lower these coated tomato slices in the hot oil and fry on both sides till they turn brown.
Tamate ke bhajiye or Tomato Fritters are ready.