From Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Ridged gourd (turai) : 250 grams
Bengal gram (chana dal) : 25 grams
Cooking oil: 1 tablespoon
Onion: 1 chopped
Ginger garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/4th teaspoon
Salt: ½ teaspoon
Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
Chopped coriander: a handful
Whole green chilies: 2
1. In a cooking pan, add oil. When the oil is hot, add chopped onion. Stir till it turns brown.
2. Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, stir for 30 seconds and add washed bengal gram or chana dal.
3. Saute for 30 seconds and add ½ tea cup of water.
4. Close the lid and cook on low flame for about 5 minutes.
5. Add salt, red chili powder and add small pieces of ridged gourd or turai.
6. Saute for 30 seconds and add ½ tea cup of water.
7. Close the lid and cook on medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Add 1/4th tea cup of water, chopped coriander and whole green chilies.
9. Cook on low flame for few seconds till the water dries and the oil separates.
Turai Chana Dal or Ridged Gourd Bengal gram curry is ready.